6.26.2010

Crucial Youth and Grudge

Which is better at making fun of the reaction of the supposed straight edge mentality? Well Crucial Youth were the first and from what I gather had the most obnoxious lyrics. The bashing of cursing, masturbating, dirty teeth, littering..etc...are the most hilarious things I have ever heard. I believe that they are really not too opposed to the SXE style of living, yet are making fun of everyone that thinks Ian and the rest were preaching Nazis. In my opinion, not drinking is alright, it keeps you focused. Not that I don't drink, (love the drink) but staying focused on the problems in society is something everyone should aspire to. Giving your full attention to various societal/governmental problems is something everyone can agree upon. Ok? Remember "You call it religion, you're full of shit. You picked up a bible, and now you're gone."

Then there's Grudge. They compose their songs of mass thrash in a remarkably straight edge-ish style, with lyrics that are completely anti SXE. I think it is also hilarious when they say Drinking's Great, and that "when we see you pissed at us it really makes us smile." Apart from that, they seem to be more anti straight edge and furious at the entire movement, and are doing it to get a reaction. That's how I feel anyway.

Do you have a humble opinion about such things? Let me know what is the better FAKE STRAIGHT EDGE BAND? And if you hate SXE, give me a reason please. Once again, I'm not an x-er. At the same time, I don't hate on their feelings of focusing their energy fully on correcting various problems within the "scene". For example today, using fashion and coolness as an excuse for not showing energy or getting together with other punks. Let me know, I'm dying to hear from the masses on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment