6.06.2010

Interesting customer

So I was working on Friday and this beautiful girl and her annoying grandmother come up and need help with the girls' trip out west. The grandmother sticks around and makes snide comments to her about making the wrong choices on the trip such as where to stay and not being completely sure about where she's going to be staying. The funny thing was that the grandma made a joke about some camp in Colorado called Camp Dick. I didn't want to respond, but her saying, "interesting name huh?" had me laughing on the inside.

Anyways, the grandma finally went away and I got some time to chat to the dreamboat in front of me. Now, it was unavoidable that she had an Indian dot on her head, which I don't know the name of, sorry for not doing my research. Third Eye, maybe? Then she mentioned to me the significance of the stops on her way through the left coast. She was going to be doing yoga and meditative study programs for people in various cities. This is obviously related to the third eye, I assume. So I took interest and asked about it, making a comment on how I could never try yoga as I would probably end up a pretzel. Joking aside, Apparently the meditative part is related to vibrations and how we are all essentially a bunch of atomic vibrations on an atomic scale. My hippie detector was blaring like a siren.. one of those British police sirens like at the beginning of "Police Oppression" by Angelic Upstarts. So I said yeah, thats cool and all, but I usually think of things on a more scientific level since I just recently took Anatomy. But she responded to my surprise that she was in preMed at the moment. My first objection took away right there. So we talked a little more and she recommended some yoga shop-or-whatever-you-call-them around me and that I should do it, that it would be all revelation-esque to me, which was nice on her part. Don't expect me to be going though. End of conversation, see you, drive safe.

Now this has been on my mind for a while, the whole vibration thing. Though it seems kinda new age and vague for me to be blown away by, there is some truth to us all being connected on an atomic level stuff. I think that there is something in nature where we cannot help but feel its effects. I mean, rain makes me chill out and beautiful sunny days make me want to run around. Winter makes me angry and generally introspective. So maybe there is something to it. I just don't know if I would want to go to a yoga place, unless she was there, uhm..to show me some moves. An afternoon full of hippies doing monkish chants ain't a good idea in my eyes though.

She seemed pretty relaxed though, so if something unorthodox makes you happy, no skin off my teeth. I just feel like I'm too high strung for that kind of thing. Also anything that comes off as a religious thing usually repels me. Until the day I do seek some kind of organized enlightenment, I'll stick with trying to be good to people, or at least not being too big of a weirdo. I'm sure everyone can agree with that.

2 comments:

  1. hey Ryan.. dude your writing style is SO much like mine.. i thot i was reading one of my posts.. haa haa!! so kudos i guess :) jazz up your layout.. and post everything u do on facebook.. so people follow u.. have fun mate..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support it is always good to know there are other mutants like us out there!

    ReplyDelete