10.29.2010

Ben Weasel

So, I guess I wasn't following him quite as rabidly as the rest of you. Anyways, I have recently been listening to the backlogs of his Weasel Radio show that was cast out of Madtown, WI until recently. Or so I'm told. It's just kind of interesting to compare his albums I've listened to with the most recent radio shows he has done. It was kind of shocking to hear he voted for John McCain, against the backdrop of "Anthem for a New Tomorrow" echoing in the back of my skull. However, I'm not as avid as the average Obama voter. I just thought that the party of the possibly worst President ever should not get another crack at the economy, as well as other social issues. That was my main reason for voting for Barry. On further evaluation of Ben's arguments, it kinda made sense to me. The fact that Obama's hype was way too much to live up to is a major standout. Yes, hope and change... It really did not work out too well for him. He was preaching to the idiot voter and maybe I'm one of them. "derrr". The economy is at a standstill and he cannot even pass decent social legislation with a majority of Congress on his side. Something tells me he just doesn't know what he's doing, or is not as "intelligent" as is stated. Besides, punk is supposed to be anti-establishment, which is just what Obama has become. Oh well, business as usual for Washington is all I can say. I'm shaking off the voter guilt of giving him my endorsement. Well, If only I were in charge.... right?

The facts are it is not easy to enact change without bipartisan support. He clearly has none.

One interesting thing I heard on BBC World News that kind of coincided with the whole discussion is how one party figure, whether it be Prez, Senator, etc... only panders to his own crowd. Wouldn't it be fun to see Obama get grilled by Hannity and Rush, rather than the good ole' boy Jon Stewart? Don't get me wrong, Stewart is a funny guy, but he's no conservative. A nice fireside chat with Mr. Dennis Miller would be quite different, with plenty of confusing words and references to really test Obama's intelligence. I heard one Daily Show fan talk about how Stewart "grilled" our President. Well maybe a bit. But only because he's as disappointed as the realistic Obama voter was. He'll probably vote Democrat again, being the Democrat rebel-rouser that he is. I'll really contemplate whether voting is worth it. Why can't Libertarians get more play in the run up to elections? Is that so much to ask?

"do you really want to be In America?" - the Fastbacks

No comments:

Post a Comment