8.16.2010

Premier League Starting UP

OK. I know I'm a Yank (at least I'm not a Rebel). Yes, we follow football here, and not "football", like you Brits do. However, I have been taking a liking to the sport in recent times. It all started in 2004. I was in France for a summer exchange program for high school. And so it went that when we arrived, Euro Cup was going on. We tried to be all polite and root for the French, but they choked (as usual?) and Greece went on to win. Anyways, we watched all the matches, and once I learned the simple rules of soccer, I ended up carrying the love for the game with me to this day.

The only problem I have is finding an English club to support during the season. Most of the time, I end up rooting for the underdog in most games. Which I guess gives me more cred than rooting for Man U or Chelsea, and buying their gear. Either way, It'd be nice to have a team to root for. And for the record, I hate the MLS. It is a gutter league of castaways and college kids from the States who are not good enough to make the better league, (FA). So I'm welcome to any suggestions on which teams to root for as a Yank, what is permissible, if any? If I'm not able, by your standards, to call a team my own, I will continue rooting for the less favorite side in any matchup. Also, I will continue to enjoy the action of one of the best sports around. I know rooting for the best team is lame, so I'll take any suggestions as to which club is fair game. Thank you for your time spent reading (not "Reading"). Blahh. Soccer is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment